Tuesday, November 15, 2005

And I Chose Family...

It didn't take me much time to come to a conclusion. After all, all I needed was to put myself in a crunch situation where I have to choose either my career or my family. And I found that however important be my career to me I will always return back to my family. No doubts about that. And do I have any regrets. I may have some ... but those are nothing in front of the happiness that I derive from my family - however small and irrelevant they may be. I personally believe if one can not contribute towards the well being of his family, he can never contribute towards the upliftment and advancement of mankind as a whole. Career is important to me and I know that I am here for fulfilling something great but I won't be able to achieve it without the support of my family and the love of my dear ones. May be it was just an identity crisis that forced me ask this trivial question but nevertheless I was able to understand myself better and regain my self-respect. The only thing that hurts me is that I had to ponder over it for such a long time inspite of the fact that the answer lay so close to my heart.

No comments: