Friday, December 23, 2005

In the Name of Love ...

Love :
strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties ; the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration and unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another

What can you say about a feeling when the world seems to you as a distant reality and you start living in a world of dreams? An emotion that transforms even the staunch pessimist into a optimistic soul who sees a ray of hope in every action done upon him. You become nobler by virtues, kinder at heart and caring in nature. I haven't figured it out as to what it as, yet, but my friends say that these are signs of love, so let us assume that this is love. Love is indeed a very pristine, sweet and binding experience that is at times tender and at times tough. Love gives you a being of togetherness that helps you reinvent yourself. Love is a source of strength and support. Certainly love is not the aim of life but a very integral part of it that, however we might ignore, will anyhow find a way into our lives. I have been in love and although a sad ending is in sight, I don't regret being in love. Being in love has helped me find myself, given me a sense of maturity and responsibility, helped me sort out my priorities and most importantly restored my faith in myself. I had always assumed that I would easily avoid being in love, which I earlier considered a distraction, but Cupid is definitely a sharpshooter and he didn't miss me either. Although the way my love story is shaping up unless a miracle happens, I would never be able to express my love to my sweetheart (for her goodwill though) but then I had never made a deal that I should get love in return of mine. In spite of my current stand in love, which you might consider as a result of my craziness or foolery, I don't have any complaints because my love for my sweetheart has given me enough strength to get me through a very bad phase although she might never know this. I think these words and feelings are better understood by those who have been through this. My advice to all will be that you should be in love at least once in your life so that you understand its essence and magnanimity. And no matter how much you try to ignore it or get desperate with it, love will catch you unaware and surprise you. Love is dictated by Mother Nature and is something you cannot escape nor can be thrusted upon. Love will happen when it has to and when you least expect it to.

Love has been a very favourite topical for many a scripts but I find the true essence of love in very few of those. I, certainly, can't comprehend why it is said that all is fair in love because I think there are some rules to this. You can't betray your sweetheart for others nor can you give up everything else for your sweetheart. I have seen people giving up their families for love and being hailed as soldiers of love. I have read about people killing for love. Is it love?Love never teaches these. Love can never get you far from anyone because it's job is to bind. Love binds all of us together then how can it be love if you betray one for the other. Love preaches of a perfect balance in life. Love gives you the strength to defend not attack others. Love is not just about living and dying together but being together forever at heart even though not physically and uniting others with the power of our love. Unlike all good things though, I feel, true love doesn't always have a happy ending and the essence of true love is loving one irrespective of what the climax of the story will be.

A lot been said about love (maybe this is my last treatise on love), my views might differ from that of others but still all of us have done what we have done in love , all in the name of love ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi bhaiya!
I dont think i m capable enuf of commenting on ur writing,but i do believe comments give an aesthetic touch to any kindof writing. so pardon in case...
Well, first wen i saw "life or ....", was struck by Angie.All thru i find u hav been positively influenced by movies.
I read jus a few articles n found y they call u 'champ'.Well dreams may not always materialise, but they chisel a path to the 'Ultimate one ' in all of us.N we shud let them. Well, had heard u r a geek but never knew ur bein an introvert. Indeed, nebody's writings say much more than they kud ever hav said..
ur creative,plz keep writing.
regards,
neelu.