Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Are We Alone Here?

Well the Champ returns back to his writing ways and today he is going to ponder over the billion dollar question - Are we alone in this world? The case in study is why I feel that someone is watching over me although I know that right now I am alone in my room writing down these monolithic pieces of wisdom and when I see behind me the emptiness of the room feels me but as I turn my back and start facing the screen, I again start getting these paranoid feelings. I register a case of mental harassment against that invisible entity. And the detective in me takes up the case convinced that the truth cannot hide forever. I start inspecting the whole of my room for evidences and I get weird signals (as they say) of an ominous presence. The room is in a mess and every single object in my room seems to possess life be it my dirty sport shoes trying to get my attention or the potato in front my PC querying about it's purpose. I try not getting distracted and go on searching the place exactly behind my chair which is supposed to be MR. INVISIBLE thing's hideout. Why was he staring at me anyway and why does he just vanish out of the sight when I looked back. Is he hiding from me or is he stalking me? Well if he is stalking me then he better be careful because the glamorous CELEBs of my world have taught me a lot about handling the stalker stuffs. The pieces of apparels behind me , hung from the string that acts as my closet, seemed to be bystanders sighing down with utmost innocence. And that's were the investigation rounded up to a zero. No more clues ahead. The invisible thingy (as my friend calls it) seemed to have had a plan in his mind that made for a great execution with plenty of stealth put into it. Just when I was about to put down my weapons, I struck gold with my extremely loyal and handy brain coming to my rescue with an seemingly good trap. I sat facing my screen and placed a mirror in front of me and the next time I felt the presence of that thing behind me , he will be caught. Well I can sense that all those reading this, are now patting my back for this great idea and thanks for it. So I waited for sometime but no one really came out from his hideout and this made me feel that it must have been an illusion. But suddenly the thief came out of his den only to be caught by my aquiline eyes. At last, the stalker had been caught and I was elated by this great success. But Mr. Invisible turned out to be a small mouse that ,unknown to me, had been sharing the room along with my other two roommates. He had made my room his hideout/shelter. Good for him. All these great arrangements for catching a mouse!!! Well somethings turn out to be pretty much different from what they appear. The cat and mouse game over, I returned back to my job. But in the back of my mind I still knew what had been caught wasn't my stalker. Something else was still there roaming freely throwing his macabre glances at me. It still is. We are certainly not alone here. And if some other entities do exist then who is intruding whose privacy. They or We?
Well that’s another billion dollar question. Isn't it?

No comments: