Monday, January 16, 2006

Dreamcatcher

"Dreams give me wings to fly,
Opportunities so that I can try,
Tears so that I can cry,
Makes me do things from which I would normally shy.
Away from all the worldly strives,
In my dreams I have lived many a lives,
And therein, still, all my passion thrives,
where live my lonely vibes. "


In this world of harsh realities, dreams are the only way out. It is the only place of existence which is quite unlike the materialism we persist in, a place where all the ground realities are falsified, where all the laws of nature are defied, where all your wishes are fulfilled and nightmares come true. Imagine what would have happened to mankind if we humans had been deprived of this fantastic property! Many an inventions have been conceived in dreams, many an epics unfurled in them, many a symphonies been composed in them and many an aspirations been nurtured in them. Dreams are supposed be a sort of image sequencing done by the various facts known to you and the wide array of thoughts circling your mind even when you seem to be thoughtless. Well that would be the non-scientific explanation of dreams... I have nurtured many a dreams and personally feel unless you dream, you can't envision your goal. Not only the vision but also the persisting motivation to excel is provided by dreams. But the tragedy remains that seldom do all those dreams materialise. There is nothing more devastating than letting your dreams vanish into deprecating clouds of a myriad black hole and that too when the fault doesn't lie with you, you never lost sight of your dreams but destiny had other plans for you. I had dreamt of love, when I awoke I found myself receding away from it. I had dreamt of touching new frontiers and letting people know my capabilities, when I awoke I found my plans eroded. I had a dreamt of an aura of peace in my life, when I awoke I found a glutinous hue of discord surrounding me. I had dreamt of an ambition that I really wanted, when I awoke I found myself moving towards a mirage the world demanded. I had dreamt of a perfect world for myself, when I awoke I found myself living in a world that was crumbling every second of it.

Yet I haven't stopped dreaming... I'll never. Without my dreams, I lose the zeal for sustenance and I am reduced to someone I don't know. My dreams might have tumbled but I am not the one to give up. I know one day my dreams will decide the future of tomorrow. I am living for it. I am dreaming for it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work!! correctly pointed out that.."Dreams give me wings to fly"..cuz I believe that dreams are the tiny seeds from which beautiful tomorrow grows.let the flame of pursuing your dreams keep burning n glowing within you and you reach new heights...and one more thing....happiness often sneaks in through door you never know you left open!! :)